A practical guide for you to learn how to process large loads of data on demand, such as processing videos, audio, integrations between systems, databases, and more using the powerful Node.js Streams.
High cost servers
Understanding the difference between Web Streams and Node.js Streams.
Creating E2E and Unit tests when using Node.js Streams;
Using multiprocesses and multithreading in Node.js;
Seeding and consuming multimedia data on demand such as video and audio.
Processing terabytes of files;
A teaching methodology assured by more than 100K students around the world.
- Meet your Instructor - Who's Erick Wendel?
- Project - Using the Observer Pattern in practice - Payments in Ecommerces use case
- Buffers: The Key concept behind Streams
- What are Streams and Stream Types
- Node.js Streams in Practice - Readable, Writable, and Transform Streams
- What are Duplex Streams - Transform and PassThrough
- Duplex Streams in practice
- Project - creating a chat application between servers using the native Node.js net module
- Understanding the difference between streams API .pipe and pipeline
- Project - Creating a stream data splitter and converting huge csv files to ndjson
- Async Iterators, Generator Functions, and on-demand processing
- Working with Streams Operators - Stream.Filter, - Stream.Map and others
- Error Handling + Aborting Async Operations
- Project - Consuming Web APIs with Node.js Streams
- Differences between Node.js Streams and Web Streams (WHATWG)
- Project - Communicating Backend and frontend with Node.js streams
- Node.js Streams Backpressure
- Memory leaks and performance
- Setting up the project structure
- Setting up Tests suites
- Processing audio streams on-demand
- Implementing e2e tests and challenges
- Implementing audio multiplexing
- Implementing the transmission controller
- Deploying the project on Heroku
- What's next?
The Mastering Node.js Streams won't be boring and confusing training as we've seen often out there.
Keeping the tradition for all my training courses, I'll do something that my Brazilian students love:
I'll build this training focused on what my students need most and what they wish this course could be.
This way I can build something custom towards your needs, and what you really want to learn, avoiding it being just a course that you watch the first class and never come back again.
In the platform, you'll receive a link for our exclusive community channel and will have the two modules already recorded and available to watch.
However, the next classes and modules will be gradually released according to your suggestions and feedback you'd give on our community so you can be part of this.
As I said, this training course is special. It'll be focused on what the people who registered for the first season really want to know and most struggle with about Node.js Streams.
Erick Wendel works as a professional trainer and performance engineer and has trained more than 100K people around the world as a professional instructor and content producer at his own company https://erickwendel.com
He has won software competitions in Brazil (AngelHack Global Hackathon Series: São Paulo 07/2017) and in Silicon Valley (DeveloperWeek SF Hackathon 03/2019).
He is a Node.js core committer, part of the Tolling Working Group, and working to improve the Node.js core by fixing bugs, improving code coverage, and implementing new ideas.
He is also an active international speaker, a contributor to Open Source, and a strong content contributor to the global software community.
He has been recognized with all relevant awards for Software Development with GoogleDevExpert, Microsoft MVP, and GitHub Stars in Node.js.
He has already given more than 100 talks in almost 10 different countries and worked as a consultant focused on app performance and software architecture in large companies in Brazil.
Get direct access to the instructor on our exclusive Discord community designed to help you answer your questions, provide job offers, and grow your network + challenges about the training content.
You'll create a final project to implement all knowledge you've gained during the course.
You're gonna implement the Spotify Radio Clone. A project where you will reproduce, edit and merge audio streams on-demand.
100% secure purchase! After payment confirmation, your spot will be guaranteed with a special discount.
If within 7 days from the purchase date you thought this content is not for you, you'd request a refund and the full amount of your investment will be refunded.
ERICK WENDEL GOMES DA SILVA ME - CNPJ: 34.267.390/0001-82